Yup, looks like we ended up losing one in the process....
Refer to my previous post about the problems encountered with the One Drive and the sync issues which has caused some serious headaches and wasted time trying to re-re-re-re-locate the BBB folders, but...
Basically as I said, I spent quite a few long frustrating hours the other day re-re-re-downloading the digital cameras' memory cards, as well as re-re-re-transfering the back up of the old laptop into this new one, this time making certain the f%$*ing thing actually downloaded it all in the laptop itself and not in those stupid automatic One Drive and sync stuff, which is a total scam.
However yesterday as I was fine tuning and making some adjustments (mainly trying to link the bonus high def clips with the proper BBB folders) I discovered that this session, a FUCV phase 6 one with the 2 Jessicas (Jessica Fiorentino and Jessica May) from April 2024 was incomplete: the videos/clips are missing.
I could not find any hint of this session anywhere: not in the back up, not in the cameras' cards, and not even in the external drives. It is as though this session was "partially" downloaded at some point BEFORE MAY 2024 and ended up in the memory of this laptop.
Again I must repeat that this is some kind of odd anomaly. I do not recall ever downloading this session before (in my defence there is just too many BBB sessions left unedited that I can not keep track!!!)... And I have no clue as to why the pictures survived whatever transitions they may (or not) have been through, and why the clips are no where to be found...
In any case, I guess we can chalk this one up as "taken one for the team" in the sence that I knew some stupid sh1t like this would happen what with these new technologies always trying to f0rce us to sync and use virtual cloud drives INSTEAD of the actual memory in our physical computers. I am glad not MORE were lost in the transit/transfer, but I am saddened that we lost what must have been a mighty fine 2024 BBB session.
At the very least, we have the pictures here which survived, making a darn fine BBB blog post in it's own self...
Actually lloking at these pics (because I have to resize them all one by one by one by one by....) I am realizing we also lost some pictures in the process... Not many as this post seems quite well populated with BBB pics right now, but I know my way of shooting the post-cum pics in my modern sessions and I know some pics are missing. NOt many, and not those which would make a world of difference but they are gone like clips nonetheless...
Anyway you can always blame technology for these blunders. Things weren't like this a few years ago where one could assume that downloading actually mean the copying of a copy into a hard physical format.
I do understand the "crosse" (in French, well I guess it could be translated roughly as "the scheme" or "getting screwed" or something to that effect) but it's so f*cking cheap and low of them. THey auto sync your folders to your "Hotmail" account (because you need a Micros0ft account to operate these new computers) but they also restrict your limits because you do not pay a monthly fee to have your Micros0ft cloud account have enough storage. THat's really low and cheap of them. And like I said in the previous post, if you delete the files on their cloud thingie it also deleted the hard copies on your computer BECAUSE it is all synced... WHat a f*cking "crosse" indeed!
B.B.B. since 2004
all previous versions have been constantly censored!
B.B.B. 's 3rd or 4rth Reddit (constantly censored)
Please read the 1st post here for all details
No comments:
Post a Comment